Terms & conditions
The Public utility challenge
Terms & Conditions (“T&C”) Please review these official T&C before entering the competition. Entrants, who are minors, must obtain the consent of their parents or legal guardian before entering the competition. Entry to the competition is free and NO payment or purchase is necessary to enter or win. A payment or purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law. BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREED TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN
SECTION A – SPECIFIC TERMS FOR THIS COMPETITION
1. Sponsor. The Public Utility Challenge 2014 (“Competition”) is a contest with skill, ability and knowledge components that is sponsored by P3 GLOBAL MANAGEMENT INC. (“P3GM”), a Delaware, U.S. 950Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022. P3GM will be the challenge’s organizer. Competition is governed by these official T&C (“Terms & Conditions”). For any questions regarding the Competition, the Sponsor may be contacted by email under the Frequently Asked Questions (“FQA”) section of the challenge’s website.
2. Overview: Objective of the Competition. The Competition is to identify the best design of a new generation Payphone to be deployed globally. The selected first prize winning teams in the Public Utility Challenge (the “Selected Participants”) will get a chance to have their design produced and implemented in selected locations by the organizer and its partners around.
Participants in the Autodesk Panorama shall include, but will not be drawn exclusively, from this Competition.
3 Eligibility: The competition is open to anyone, who at the time of entry & finals, are:
• At least 18 years old or over the age of majority in their jurisdiction or residence, whichever is older (or are, if below the aforesaid age-limit(s), registered full-time students at a College or University at the time of entry*); and are Pursuing Graduation or Post-Graduation
Certain individuals are excluded from eligibility to enter or win, as described in Section B.2 (“Exclusions from Eligibility”) below. No purchase or payment is required to enter the Competition, and no purchase or payment will improve your chances of winning in any way.
(*If on the Start Date you are a “minor,” meaning that you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you must obtain permission from your parent or legal guardian, and your parent or legal guardian must consent to be bound by these T&C as if he or she was an entrant, before you submit an entry. Sponsor reserves the right to require minors to submit proof of parental/guardian permission and consent to these T&C at any time, without which they may be immediately disqualified from the Competition.)
4. Start Date and Deadline. The Competition begins at 12:00 a.m New York Eastern Standard Time on 29th March, 2015 (the “Submission Deadline”). Entries for the Competition must be received by Sponsor no later than 11:59 p.m. Indian Standard Time on 18th August, 2014 (the “Deadline”).
5. How to Enter. All entries must comply with the entry requirements identified in these T&C (including in this Section A and in Section B below), as well as with any specific on the “Registration” page for the Competition on the Sponsor’s registration email (Registration E-mail”) and third-party submissions drop box (“Submissions Website”). It is each student team’s responsibility to ensure compliance with those requirements and submit design files as per the submission requirements & submission guidelines provided in the Competition website.
6. Winner Selection. A total of at least three (3) teams would be selected as Semi Finalists. The Selected Participants will be announced on or around April 3rd, 2015 this date may be revised on the discretion of Organizer and will be displayed well in advance in such case. Each Selected Participant’s design will then be submitted to public vote. Final winner will be awarded only the prize(s) as described below in Section A.VII (“Prize(s)”).
7. Prize(s). The Competition winner (1)/ winning team selected by public vote for each category will be awarded prizes and certificates as mentioned in the Competition website.
SECTION B – ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR THIS COMPETITION
2. Exclusions from Eligibility. Employees of Sponsor, or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers or advertising or promotional agencies (including, without limitation any Judges who are employees of Sponsor or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates), as well as members of their households or their immediate families (i.e., spouses, parents and children), may submit entries in the Competition, but any such entries are for information and entertainment purposes only and are not eligible to be considered for the purpose of selecting finalists or winners. Judges who are employees of Sponsor or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates are not eligible to enter or win, nor are members of their households or their immediate families (i.e., spouses, parents and children). Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor shall have no liability to any entrant or any other person in the event that Sponsor inadvertently awards a prize to any non- eligible person(s). Such exclusions may be revised with appropriate notification in order to keep the Competition healthy and transparent.
3. Entry. Multiple entries are not permitted. Sponsor will award the applicable prize to the named entrant only, except in the case of a minor, to such minor’s named parent or legal guardian only unless specific consent from such parent or legal guardian to award the prize to such minor in accordance has been obtained. Upon submission, all entries become subject to the T&C and the Sponsor’s policies (including, without limitation the provisions regarding use of user submissions as stated on the Sponsor Site. Notwithstanding the foregoing, entries to the Competition shall only be valid after the entry is accepted by Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants are permitted to modify or update an entry after submission, but are not permitted to do so after the Submission Deadline. Entries may remain posted on the Competition page of the Sponsor Site indefinitely following the Submission Deadline, but Sponsor reserves the right to delete entries from the Competition page after the Competition ends, in its discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to delete entries from the Competition page and other pages of the Sponsor Site, at any time in its discretion, if such entries infringe or may infringe any third party’s rights. Sponsor will have no responsibility for, and will have the right to refuse in its discretion, any entries that have been tampered with, or entries that are misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late or ineligible, whether due to Internet or e-mail server failure or otherwise. Proof of transmission of an entry shall not constitute proof of receipt. It is each entrant’s responsibility to keep Sponsor informed of any changes to entrant’s contact or other information during the Competition.
4. Use of Personal Information. Registering for an account with the Sponsor Site, which is required to enter the Competition, may require each entrant to submit entrant’s name, school/Institution, e-mail address, age or date of birth, and other contact details, and in the case of a minor, contact details for a parent or legal guardian for purposes of obtaining proof of parental consent, if Sponsor elects to do so.
5. Additional Entry Requirements. Without limitation to other requirements specified herein, each entry also must comply with the following:
• Entries must not contain anything that is or may be: (i) threatening, harassing, degrading or hateful; (ii) defamatory; (iii) fraudulent or tortious; (iv) obscene, indecent or otherwise objectionable; (v) deemed to cause feelings of disharmony, enmity, hatred or hostility between different religious or racial groups; (vi) protected by copyright, trademark, patents, utility models, design patents or other proprietary right without the express prior written consent of the owner of such right; or (vii) dangerous or potentially dangerous, or that would encourage dangerous behavior from viewers, such as use of explosives and/or harmful substances; or (vii) contrary to governmental policies of any country whose residents are eligible to enter the Competition; and
• Entries must not contain any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability or that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense
6. Representations. By entering the Competition, each entrant represents and warrants that: (a) the entrant meets all eligibility requirements of the Competition; (b) in entering and participating in the Competition, the entrant has complied and will comply in all respects with these T&C, the Sponsor’s policies detailed in the Sponsor’s Site, and all applicable statutes, laws (including, without limitation, common law, if applicable), Terms and Conditions; and (c) the information provided in the entrant’s entry, including without limitation all contact information, is true, accurate, and complete in all respects.
7. Assumption of Risk. By taking any action to create an entry for the Competition, each entrant, on his or her own behalf and on behalf of his or her personal representatives, heirs, executors, and assigns, acknowledges and agrees that: (a) ENTRANT AND HIS OR HER PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AND ASSIGNS HAVE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CREATION OF THE ENTRY, WHICH IS DESIGNED AND CREATED BY THE ENTRANT FOLLOWING HIS OR HER OWN DECISION AND INITIATIVE DEPENDING ON THE WAY IN WHICH IN HIS OR HER SOLE DISCRETION, ENTRANT DECIDES TO CREATE SUCH ENTRY, AND EVEN THOUGH THE COMPETITION DOES NOT REQUIRE OR OTHERWISE ENCOURAGE DANGEROUS BEHAVIOR, THERE MAY BE DANGER AND RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE INVOLVED IN CREATING AN ENTRY; (b) THESE RISKS AND DANGERS MAY ARISE FROM FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE CAUSES; (c) SUCH ENTRANT AND HIS OR HER PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AND ASSIGNS ASSUME ALL RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER LOSS ARISING OUT OF THE CREATION OF ANY ENTRY, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE; and (d) Subject to applicable law, such entrant and his or her personal representatives, heirs, executors, and assigns are relinquishing any and all rights he, she, or they now have or may have in the future to sue or take any other action against Sponsor, the prize manufacturers, any other entities involved in the administration of the Competition, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (the “Sponsor Parties”) on the basis of any injury, death, damage, or other loss that may be suffered arising from any action taken in the creation of any entry, including but not limited to claims based on allegations of negligence by any of the Sponsor Parties or use of any machinery or materials. Without limitation, Sponsor Parties shall have no liability to any entrant or any other person in the event that the entry or any acts or omissions of the entrant violates any of these T&C.
8. Release. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Competition, each entrant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor Parties from any and all responsibility, liability, damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, statutory, and other damages), losses, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to: (a) entry or participation in the Competition, including but not limited to disputes among individuals claiming to have contributed to any winning entry; (b) any violation by the entrant of these T&C, the Sponsor’s policies, or applicable laws; (c) misappropriation, infringement, or other violation of any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of publicity, privacy, or other legal or contractual right of any person attributable to entrant or any entry submitted by entrant; (d) the acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any prize or any item purchased with any prize (e.g., if the prize includes a gift card); (e) any entries or votes that have been tampered with or that are misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible; (f) any problems or technical malfunctions (including but not limited to errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operation or transmission) of any computer, telephone, modem, cable, satellite, network, hardware, online system, server, software, or other equipment or provider, including any incorrect, incomplete, garbled or jumbled information resulting therefrom; (g) any Internet traffic congestion or website accessibility or delays; (h) printing or typographical errors in any Competition-related materials; or (i) any other technical or human error that may occur in connection with the Competition (the “Causes”). If anyone makes any claim against any of the Sponsor Parties arising out of or relating to any of the Causes attributable to the entrant, the entrant will pay for any damages, losses, liabilities, costs, penalties, and expenses, including without limitation attorneys’ and experts’ fees and costs, incurred in connection with such claim.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE SPONSOR PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE COMPETITION, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN STATUTE, TORT(INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) CONTRACT, OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR OTHERWISE, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES AND OTHER LIABILITY (INCLUDING INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) IN WHICH CASE SUCH LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RULE, STATUTE OR REGULATION IN THE RELEVANT JURISDICTION. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR FRAUD, OR FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT SUCH EXCLUSION IS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
9. Misconduct. Sponsor reserves the right, in its discretion, to disqualify any entrant who: (a) tampers with the entry or voting process, the operation of the Competition, the Sponsor Site, or affiliated websites; (b) acts in an unsporting or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy or harass another person; (c) is otherwise in violation of these T&C, the Sponsor’s policies, or any applicable laws; or (d) attempts to subvert the letter and/or spirit of these T&C. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.